Monday, February 27, 2012

Fus Of Standing.

What!?

Skyrim was absurd today.

I cheated a little. Something Gran Turismo 5 taught me. Get a guy going and leave him be. B-spec. Well, Skyrim doesn't exactly have that, but I thought I would get my armor skill up, so I left my dude standing in a field being shot by some crazy with a bow. I figured as long as the shots continued to be as randomly successful as they had been for the few minutes before I left, he'd survive, since hp regenerates between blows.

I saved and went back to work. Can't do much Skyrim over a lunch break.

As I drove home, I pondered the possibilities. My guy died, repeatedly, but the system auto-loaded the last save point, so my guy would be revived and taking shots again. How many times could this have happened? Would my heavy armor skill be up? It started to seem doubtful.

When I got home, after exchanging strange pleasantries with my good friend and room-mate, I headed to my room and turned on the TV. In the game, it was now night time. No arrows were flying. Guy was alive and alone, and there, stretching off screen, a pile of bones. I picked up the controller, perplexed. To the left, a full dragon skeleton. I run up and discover a blood dragon. I check and find scales, bones and money. How? I check my heavy armor skill, it's up 10 points.

I guess I got more than I bargained for.

No comments:

Post a Comment