Friday, February 17, 2012

Speed Reading Woes

I'd heard of speed reading, but I never knew much theory about it. I just assumed it was a label for those more talented than myself.

I picked up the basics from a book I'm reading. I also noticed there are several websites touting themselves as the source for info on the subject.

I suppose the first thing to do would be to check your reading rate prior to learning how to speed read, and then after practicing, to check again. I didn't check my reading rate, and then when I tried to speed read, I started getting dizzy.

The goal is to use peripheral vision and to practice eye muscle control, but I haven't quite got it ironed out well enough to give advise on the subject.

If you figure it out, tell me how you did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment