Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Back In The 90's.

How often have you gone on social media and seen the status update:  "I don't have internet for a week,  Gotta go to [insert fast food establishment here] for wifi to check email and stuff."
Not only that, they are inconvenienced, right?
I've seen it.
How quickly we forgot dial up; waiting ages for a connection while sitting entranced by the modem's shrill song.
Back in the 90's things were different.
My school had an Iomega Zip drive.  I marveled at the thought of a 100 MB disk, but I'd never fill one up.  Such excess!
Maybe I'll think twice next time I find myself trying to connect to a store's wifi.  "What?  I have to agree to your policy to connect!?  Such a bother!  Wifi off!  3G on!"
Maybe.
Maybe next time I fill up 5 GB of my SDHC card while testing out my GoPro.
Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment